#1093: Show- The Importance of Proper Footwear With Dr.Bob Weil
Show Topic: The Importance of Proper Footwear
Co-Hosts: Judy Gaman, Mark Anderson, Walter Gaman
Guest: Dr. Bob (Robert) Weil
Today’s show is all about your feet and proper footwear. Later, we will be joined with the sports doctor, Dr. Bob Weil.
Discuss interesting cases seen with feet.
Scientists have created an e-bandage that sends electrical pulses over an injury to speed up healing. It works by converting natural skin movements, caused by something as simple as breathing, into a therapeutic electrical field. The bandage is made of sheets from sheets from polytetrafluoroethylene, copper foil, and polyethylene terephthalate. The healing properties of the bandage were tested on rats. Wounds with the e-bandage began to close at 3 days. The wounds without the e-bandage took about 12 days to close.
Call us at 844-well 100
Coming up, our special guest Dr. Bob Weil, who hosts a weekly radio show called, “The Sports Doctor”.
Today we’re taking about feet and proper footwear. We have a special guest in today. Dr. Bob Weil specializes in podiatric medicine, orthotics and sports medicine. He has written columns for the Naperville Sun and Aurora Beacon and hosts a weekly radio show called “The Sports Doctor”.
- Role of the foot in fitness & sports
- Common foot problems
- Shoe criteria
- Orthotics – indications & uses
Coming up- more about your feet with Dr. Bob Weil.
We’re talking about feet and the importance of proper footwear today with Dr. Bob Weil.
- High Heels- the challenge
- Let’s talk about your book, #HeySportsParents & the epidemic of youth sports injuries
- Tell us more about your radio show “The Sports Doctor”
Medical Mania Trivia
- What is the largest bone in the body? Femur B. Humerus C. Vertebrae D. Ulna
- T/F A pulmonary embolism is a ruptured heart valve. (False, it is a blocked artery in the lung)
- People with diabetes mellitus are unable to produce what? (Insulin)
- T/F Heterochromia is a rare blood clotting disorder. (False, it’s a condition in which the colored part of the eye is multicolored)
- Human growth hormone is produced by which gland in the body? A. Thyroid Pituitary C. Adrenal D. Pineal
Last Week: This Week: What goes up when the rain comes down?
A: An umbrella
This Week: What can point in every direction but can’t reach the destination by itself.
Thank you for listening to the Staying Young Show! With all the mixed messages on health, you need information that you can use and that you can trust. Listen in as the experts discuss all topics health related. It’s time to STAY YOUNG and stay healthy! Each week we tackle a topic and often with leading scientists, best-selling authors, and even your favorite celebrities! As a listener of our show, your input is important to us. Please take a moment to fill out this quick survey so we can serve you better – Survey
For more information on The Staying Young Show, please visit our website, and subscribe to the show in iTunes, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app.
You can also reach out to our host, Judy Gaman on www.judygaman.com for book purchasing, and speaking opportunities in your area!